|

January 25, 2007

Stiletto Strength

A few weeks ago, I asked my physical-therapist friend for a few exercises I could do to increase my ankle strength. "Do you have an injury", she asked. "I just want to be able to wear stilettos to a party and not fall flat on my face" was my response. She suggested a few exercises...and they have really made a difference.

Crunch Fitness in NYC offers a stiletto strength class, but you can also get great results on your own.

Here are some exercises from the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society to strengthen the ankles, and some core strengthening exercises from the Mayo Clinic. (Sorry we couldn't find any more attractive pictures:)) Of course, you may need to ask your Doctor before embarking on a stiletto strengthening regime...we don't want to be responsible for any injuries!


We've told you about foot petals, but another insert is available that claims to shift weight from the ball of the foot to the heel. Insolia inserts are available locally at CVS and at insolia.com.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home