|

December 29, 2006

Favorite Things 2006


We are honored to participate in this year's Favorite Things!

Along with some of our very favorite bloggers, we're listing our favorite products of 2006...

Skin Care
1. Philosophy's Exfoliate Kit. This contains both The Great Mystery daily 1-minute facial (for daily use) as well as The Greatest Love hydrating microdermabrating facial scrub (for use 3 evenings a week). It has transformed my skin. No more pores, blackheads, or blemishes and it is great at diminishing the appearance of sun damage. The price is certainly right at $45.

2. Creme de la Mer. It really is a miracle broth! I had some minor surgery in May and it has really helped with my scarring. As a facial moisturizer, it is rich and smooth, not greasy. Easy to see why this has generated such a following.

3. Retin-A treats wrinkles and blemishes...what's not to love. This is the one thing I missed the most when pregnant & nursing!

4. Botox. The results are amazing. No one else can tell that I've had it done, but when I look at photographs of myself from before & after, I can see the biggest improvement in my crows' feet and the furrow between my brows. My friend "Dr. Mark" has a painless technique! I'm hooked!

5. Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 is the best...I have tubes of it in my purse, car, kitchen,& nightstand.


Bath and Body
1. Bliss Glamour Gloves & Glamour Gloves Gel set. I recently read that the hands show age fastest...just compare the skin on the back of your hands to that on the inside of your upper arm if you have any doubts. This combo, worn overnight, cures whatever ails your hands...ragged cuticles, cracked & dry skin are all gone!

2. ADV Lime Coconut Sea Salt Exfoliator smells divine and really moisturizes as it exfoliates. From one of the most elegant beauty destinations in the world, Aedes in NYC.

3. AHAVA Bath Salts soothe overworked muscles like nothing else. A staple for me since I'm often in a rush and skip post-workout stretching only to regret it later.

4. Nars Monoi Body Glow II has the best tiare scent and it gives a beautiful subtle glow to arms & legs in the summer. In the winter, I love Neutrogena unscented oil.

5. The Zoom Weekender Kit will save your smile. It really works! You do need to have custom trays made by your dentist in order to use this one.

Fragrance
1. Released just a few months ago, Bond no 9's West Side is a beautiful and modern rose scent. If you're unfamiliar, Bond is a fragrance house in NYC whose scents are named for and inspired by neighborhoods in New York. Check them out...they're amazing!

2. Narciso Rodriguez for Her is a close second. Clean and musky...I love it!

3. I have been addicted to Marc Jacobs' fragrance since it debuted 4 years ago-it's a pretty interpretation of my favorite flower. Annick Goutal Gardenia Passion and Kai are lovely gardenia fragrances as well.

4. Creed's Fleurissimo is elegance in a bottle. Created for Princess Grace on her wedding day - it's a beautiful classic floral.

5. Created by french lingerie house of the same name, Fifi Chachnil is a womanly fragrance in a cute, girly bottle. Powdery and pretty.

Makeup
1. Urban Decay Lingerie and Galoshes for Lashes is a dual-ended lash primer and waterproofing top coat. My lashes were starting to break until I started using the Lingerie lash primer, and the waterproofing Galoshes is a quick top coat for rainy days or tear-jerking movies!
2. Another from Urban Decay, Primer Potion is the key to smoother and longer lasting eye makeup.
3. Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner. I was intimidated by this one, but it is so easy to use. It looks great, and lasts all day! I like Bronze Shimmer Ink and Granite Ink.
4. MAC Hug Me Lipstick. This is a new find...a great neutral with just a little bit of shimmer.
5. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. I tried this recently in Chicago & immediately fell in love. It is perfection in a bottle...glides on and disappears...leaving the appearance of flawless skin...and isn't irritating. I wear shade 5.5.
Hair
1. Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment is a deep pre-shampoo conditioner, leave in conditioner, and shine enhancer in one that has made my coarse, naturally curly (yet worn straight daily), color treated hair look and feel like silk. Miraculous!
2. Frederic Fekkai Sheer Hold Hairspray is the best...it is not your Grandmother's hairspray!
3. Oscar Blandi Jasmine Oil Serum imparts a pretty (not greasy) shine.
4. Oscar Blandi Ancora Colore Conditioning System is a great color boost for both colored and natural hair. It comes in 3 shades for blondes, brunettes and redheads.
5. Frederic Fekkai Apple Cider Clarifying Shampoo, when used weekly, gets rid of build-up. A must-have if you use lots of products!

6. ghd styling iron, works better than the popular chi irons because the plates do not move and they are the exact same size to ensure even heating, negative ions are released to reduce static and create shine!

Be sure to check out more Favorite Things ...visit our friends at:

  • Afrobella

  • All About The Pretty

  • Aromascope

  • Beauty Addict

  • Beauty Blogging Junkie

  • Beauty by Nadine

  • Beautiful Makeup Search & Beauty Blog

  • Beauty Hatchery

  • Beauty Jones

  • Blogdorf Goodman

  • Bois de Jasmin

  • BonBons in the Bath

  • Brain Trapped in Girl's Body

  • Capital Hill Barbie

  • C'est Chic

  • Coquette

  • Crazy Jay Blue

  • eBeautyDaily

  • Girl's Handbook

  • Hautemommastuff

  • Koneko's *Mostly* Beauty Diary!

  • Legerdenez

  • Makeup Bag

  • Monkeyposh

  • My Muse

  • No one knows why the wolf laughs

  • Now Smell This

  • Perfume Smellin' Things

  • Peppermint Patty's Perfume Posse

  • Platinum Blonde Life

  • Product Girl

  • Scentzilla!

  • She'll Be Feverish After So Much Thinking

  • Slap of the Day

  • The Customer Is Always Right

  • The Daily Obsession

  • The Great She Elephant

  • The Life As A Ladybug

  • The Non-Blonde

  • Urbane Girl

  • Victoria's Own
  • 16 Comments:

    Blogger Annieytown said...

    Finally a shout out for Bond's Westside!!!
    I also loved the Nars oil. It did not get the attention it deserved from me. I was so wrapped up in the Estee Lauder Azuree oil.
    That Armani foundation is some amazing stuff. It is on my list to try for 2007!!!

    9:43 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I really want to try the NARS Body Glow. That'll be a 2007 purchase!

    Could you please correct my blog address? The Life of a Ladybug can be found at http://lifeofaladybug.typepad.com.

    Thanks!

    10:23 AM  
    Blogger Marina said...

    Lovely list! I also love West Side and Fifi Chachnil.

    11:25 AM  
    Blogger Victoria said...

    Wow, I love many of your loves too! Love Marc Jacobs, a beautiful floral. Just got hip to Urban Decay's Primer, works great. And Fekkai Hairspray has been a staple of mine for awhile now. And doesn't the Oscar Blandi Oil smell good enough for perfume? Great List, Happy New Year! - Victoria

    1:45 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a great list! You have made me have a lemming for many!

    Happy New Year!

    1:57 PM  
    Blogger Gaia said...

    I'm a Bond fan. New Haarlem is among my top all time favorites. I loved your list and will have to check many of those. And, eventually, Botox.

    Happy New Year!

    2:53 PM  
    Blogger katiedid said...

    I need to retry Retin-A! I tried it years and years ago when it first came out for acne treatment on my teenage skin, but I understand it's been modified so you can get it in gentler forms now? Sadly, I'm at the point in my life where I want it to catch wrinkles... almost makes those teen trauma zits seem bittersweet now.

    Fifi Chachnil is so adorable - very flirty :) I thought this was a fun 'fume, too!

    8:07 PM  
    Blogger Dinah said...

    The Philosophy's exfoliate kit sounds very tempting.... Creme de la Mer is totally amazing and my old time fav is the Kiehl's lip balm.

    11:17 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yes, botox is a dream for a mother of four that's always frowning at the kids :) I haven't tried it around my eyes yet, but never again will I have a furrow between my brows!

    Happy new year to you, xoxox, Erika

    1:50 PM  
    Blogger risa said...

    fantastic list! i might just have to seek out that Jasmine Oil serum... ;)

    happy new year!
    ~risa

    5:20 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love, love, love your list! So many "amens." I was thinking about the Philosophy exfoliation kit but didn't know anyone who had actually tried it. Now I do -- and will try it as well. Thanks!

    6:12 PM  
    Blogger Beauty Chick said...

    Hmmm I might need to check out that Philosophy exfoliation kit! I too am a Kiehl's balm addict.

    6:18 PM  
    Blogger Koneko said...

    Hello there!
    Great list! You and I have very similar fragrance likes! I love Marc Jacobs and West Side! Now I really want to try Fifi Chachnil... it sounds lovely!

    The new colors of the BB gel liners are lovely... these I defn. need to check out in 2007!
    Happy New Year's!!

    6:36 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a great list to get some ideas for the future! The Aveda Hand and Foot Relief seem to be missing though! They are total saviors for me in the winter months. They actually repair the dryness from within as opposed to covering it up with a thick and greasy creme. Oh, and the GHD flat iron................couldn't agree more. Salon Eight sells them in Lexington- 859-278-0058,ext. 42

    8:06 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    Your fragrances match up to mine perfectly! I am so going to try Philosophy's Exfoliate kit...hail to all things Philosophy! Fabulous list!

    11:44 AM  
    Blogger Maria said...

    giorgio armani perfume
    I love, love, love your list! So many "amens." I was thinking about the Philosophy exfoliation kit but didn't know anyone who had actually tried it. Now I do -- and will try it as well. Thanks!
    discount perfume

    8:08 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home