|

October 19, 2006

Bravo, Jeffrey



Not only was he allowed to show his collection..he won! Questions were raised about his craftsmanship, but Tim seemed convinced that Jeffrey was 'on the up and up'. He stayed true to his aesthetic, while presenting a complete and well-crafted collection. Way to go, Jeff!

As Heidi said, every woman would want to wear all of the pieces in Uli's collection...and it sounds as though every woman will be given the chance soon, according to the judges. She maintained her 'resort-y' vibe in the safari collection with fun colors, prints and details (horns, sequins, and braids).

Michael's version of the urban safari--a woman on the hunt for who she wants to be--was not as well executed. As the saying goes, 'getting there is half the fun'. Michael's journey all season was so pulled together and polished, but his finale under the tents just lacked the substance that earned him the 'fan favorite' award. He does definitely have plenty of time to mature, and will surely be a part of the fashion world for a long time to come.

Back to the craftsmanship issue. How on earth did Laura manage to do all of that intricate bead work? Her evening wear collection was exquisite. In part one of the finale, Tim expressed concern that her collection could "go old". It was mature, but stunning and elegant nonetheless.

I can't wait to see Jeff's spread in Elle magazine. Until season 4 starts, I'm going to hope to be inspired by Top Chef to get creative in the kitchen. So far, I haven't found any of the contestants to be all that endearing, but time will tell.

What did you think of Jeffrey's win? Post a comment and share your thoughts.

photo from brvov.com

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ICK! I detest him! I really hate it when the rude people win these reality shows. I fell asleep right at the end and totally missed the big grand finale. Thanks to Hautemomma for keeping me in the loop!

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They did some creative editing in the past few episodes to make jeffrey seem more likable (showing him holding his son, etc).

I'd wear Uli and Laura's designs, but agree that Michael didn't make the best showing. He can do better.

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK I secretly hoped he would win for some reason. I though he was the most creative. I'd never wear his designs, but he is perfect for high fashion runway, which no one ever wears anyway.

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Im a haute mom.I am new to the world of fashion blogging. I Love your site.Check out this spine tingling site I found. I saved 70% on designer wear. Awesome shopping!
Firstclassfashionista.com

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home