|

October 8, 2007

HauteSpot Interview: Amy Watts, Amy Watts Designs

Amy Houchin Watts
Stylish, Sassy, Entrepreneur, Volunteer and Busy Hautemomma of two!

Amy Watts Designs
amywattsdesigns.blogspot.com


Amy Watts (shown here with husband and two boys) is someone that never has a hair out-of-place, always has a smile on her face, is full of energy and always positive! She is one serious multi-tasker!....not to mention one serious Hautemomma!

Amy has taken what started as a hobby and made it into a rapidly growing business. Amy Watts Designs, is a full service custom stationary business. She designs and prints everything from invitations, enclosure cards, menu cards, place cards to wedding programs, birth announcements and business cards! Oh...and did I mention Amy Watts Designs is already being sold at Peggy's Gifts and Accessories!

We aren't quite sure how she does all this and is also a full-time mother of two adorable boys!! Read on to find out more about Hautemomma Amy Watts!

p.s. the next HMS party invite is an Amy Watts Design!!
_________________________________________________________

Favorite vacation spot?
Naples, Florida and Hawaii


Favorite restaurant (local or not)?
I love Malone's, locally! My favorite restaurants when I travel have been a little Italian joint in Aruba (can't remember the name), McCormick and Kuleto's in San Francisco (the views are breathtaking), and Chops City Grill in Naples (excellent sushi and steaks)!

Favorite hotel (local or not)?
Hilton Waikoloa Village on the Big Island of Hawaii!

Favorite gift to give?
Whatever I find that 'fits' that person!
Jewelry is always good!
For men, I usually end up giving something bar related (preferably monogrammed).

What is in your beauty bag?
Mary Kay Timewise Eye Cream, Plump Potion lip gloss (thanks to HMS!!!), Mary Kay Signature Ultimate Mascara, Bare Minerals Well Rested eye powder.

Cocktail of choice?
Cosmopolitan!!!

Style icon?
Catherine Zeta-Jones because she knows how to look sexy and sophisticated at the same time!

Style advice?
Wear what feels good!
If you feel pretty go with it!

How do you define style?
Your way of showing your own personality and how you are feeling that day!

What is at the top of your style/wardrobe wish list?
A new handbag for winter - not sure what I want yet!!!!

Favorite mantra?
Live, Laugh, Love!

So often with a preschooler and a toddler I get carried away with trying to get things done quickly and efficiently. The laundry, the errands, etc...that just isn't going to happen all the time, so I have to remind myself that life is too short to rush them, if I just slow down and listen they are hilarious! Also, the kids and my husband are the loves of my life - I need to enjoy them more!

Best advice you have ever received regarding motherhood?
Trust your instincts. Great advice from my Beautiful MOM!!

Worst advice you have ever received regarding motherhood?
'Let them cry when they are babies', 'When they get a little older you have to me more careful', - but, I don't believe in letting them cry as infants!

You are a mother of two young boys and you started your own business. What piece of advice do you have for women out there trying to juggle family and work, be it part-time or full-time?
With starting my own business I just had to go for it! If you find something you really want to do, it will all work out in the end! Trying to plan for it to happen only stressed me out. Finally I just started working at it and letting people know what I do! From there it all fell into place!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Amy is just precious and so easy to work with. Her bag tags were a big hit with my kids!!
jen

8:46 PM  
Blogger ericwa said...

Try going to fortmyersweddingcatering.com

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home